Choosing a website hosting company
You have several choices:
- The space included with your e-mail address by your ISP (cannot have your
own domain name)
- A free web host like Bravenet
(cannot have your own domain name) - some have paid services as well, which
may allow you to have your own domain name
- A site hosted by your ISP (usually can have your own domain name if you
wish, at extra cost)
- A dedicated web hosting company like Server101 (can have your own domain
name or not, as you prefer)
- Your own web server at your office - don't even think about it unless you really know what you're doing, you're prepared to have the machine online all the time, and you (or someone else) will be available to fix any problems immediately.
My new web hosting company offers me more than twice the space for less than half the cost of my old hosting company. I've been very happy with the service, so I recommend it to you. Yes, you can register your domain name through them, or transfer your domain from an existing webhost to Server101.