Advertising your website
How do you advertise your web site? Here's a starting list. Not all of these ideas are relevant to all web sites. Choose what's best for you.
- Register the site with the major search engines and directories.
- Put the address on all your printed stationery, business cards and advertising.
- Put the address in your e-mail signature block so it goes out with every
e-mail message you send.
- Join relevant discussion groups and contribute to the discussion; refer
others in the group to your web site when it's relevant.
- Get links to your site from other sites (but don't clutter up your pages
with too many logos, banners and other links to other sites in exchange).
- Set up a mailing list and send out a free e-mailed newsletter; promote
it through discussion groups and other means.
- Set up your own discussion group, perhaps on Yahoogroups or Topica.
- Don't buy banner ads on other sites, unless it's a very related, specialist
site; in most cases, banner ads are a waste of money. Some other forms of
paid advertising may be cost-effective. You'll need to do a lot of research,
or hire a specialist to do the research for you.
- Learn how to write compelling advertising copy. Here's a book that can help you: Hypnotic Writer's Swipe File. More information here.
Do you do any type of advertising or promoting online?
Whether you're promoting your own products or services, or someone else's, click this link to discover how you can double your sales and profits within one month!